Avon Grove Scholarship Information and Application
Summary: Avon Grove Flag Football (AgFlag) offers each calendar year, one $1000.00 Scholarship to be awarded in the spring to one Avon Grove High School Senior.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Must have participated in the AgFlag program for at least one full season as a player and/or volunteer.
2. Must attend Avon Grove High School
3. Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
4. Have been accepted and plan to enroll in a two or four year college or university
Requirements for application:
1. Submission of completed application form by the stated application deadline.
2. Include two “letters of recommendation” from past or present coaches, teachers, or advisors recommending consideration for this scholarship.
3. Submission of an essay written by the applicant titled “My experiences in AgFlag and what they have meant for me”. Essays must be typed, double spaced and not more than two pages in length.
4. Copy of latest High School Transcript.
5. Copy of letter of acceptance to college or university of choice. (Note: scholarship monies will not be released without official confirmation of enrollment, check will be made out to the college or university).
The completed application package must be postmarked May 15, or be hand delivered to a Board member before April 30. If the entire package is scanned, it may be e-mailed to the league at
Mail completed package to:
Avon Grove NFL Flag Football
Scholarship Committee PO Box 526 Avondale, PA 19311
Final selection of the winning award will be made in June by the Board of Directors of the Avon Grove NFL Flag Football League in accordance with the rules determined by and as set forth by the Board. The decision of the board is final. Applications and all supporting materials provided to AgFlag shall become the property of AgFlag and will not be returned. Submission of an application signifies authorization for AgFlag to use all or portions of the essay in marketing the AgFlag program. Awards will be distributed in late June or July.